Rules of Stay & Booking Policies
Booking & Cancellation Policy:
All bookings require a 50% deposit within 24 hours of reservation to avoid automatic cancellation on our system. The full balance is payable no later than 7 days before date of check-in. In the event of a no-show, premature departure or late arrival, the full cost of the booking is payable. Bookings cancelled or modified up to 30 days before date of arrival – no fees will be charged. If cancelled or modified later, 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check-in is strictly after 2 pm and check-out is strictly by 10 am. Please note that late check-outs incur an additional fee of R 250 p/h.
Children 12 years and older are welcome. Please note that all children are to be supervised by their parents/ guardians at all times.
Rules of Marloth Park conservancy (offenders will be prosecuted):
- No walking around in the bush/ on the streets after dark (Sunset to sunrise curfew is enforced for all residents and guests).
- Local speed limits are: 50 km on tar roads and 30 km on dust roads.
- Animals have right of way at ALL TIMES. Please also remain vigilant when driving to avoid harming small creatures like tortoises, snakes, and lizards, etc.
- No hand-held spotlights allowed at night when viewing animals.
- Please do not feed the animals – especially monkeys and baboons.
- No pets allowed.
- No loud music or noise – disturbing animals or neighbors is strictly prohibited, and carries heavy fines.
Marloth Park falls within a low-risk Malaria area. Taking preventative measures is elective and guests are advised to seek advice from their local medical practitioner. Bear in mind that prophylactics typically need to be taken in advance.